Wednesday, July 29, 2009

oversharing...

Is nothing sacred anymore?? Today i found out that one of my facebook friends said "i love you" for the first time...via facebook! I was saddened/extremely annoyed. Who needs to know this stuff? I mean facebook status updates are bad enough, and now we're "tweeting." (I don't care what if Twitter is better it's still the same concept.) You are telling too many people about the senseless details of your day. who needs to knowyou are in the kitchen, how much mail you got today or what color your poop was yesterday...please excuse the inappropriate 9 year old male lingo, but that's just how i feel. Half of this stuff that is posted would never ever be shared in person. Honestly when people overshare in face to face interactions they are considered annoying and socially awkward. Now somehow those people aren't being encouraged to join the real world as they should be. They can just overshare away to thousands of "friends" online who can respond with a chipper thumbs up or a sarcastic comment. This is crazy!

I realize that i sound like my mother, but for once i do not care. People, turn off your dang computers and talk to someone. I'm tired of this isolation that the computer allows. "No wonder America is falling apart," my mom would say and i think she is right.

I feel a tiny bit silly right now after i read over this little rant. i realize that i probably speak to no one, but at least i feel better now.

b

No comments:

Post a Comment